Skip to main content

If you need support

If you need help with your drinking or you’re worried about someone else, you can find support on this page.

Over 50s alcohol helpline

If you’re over 50 and have concerns about your drinking, or you’re worried about someone else, this helpline is for you.

Our advisors are trained and experienced alcohol workers. They can offer advice about alcohol’s impact on your health, tips for cutting down and help finding other support.

For support with alcohol call

  • Scotland: 0800 7 314 314
  • England: 0300 123 1110
  • Wales: 0808 808 2234
  • Northern Ireland: 028 9032 8474

If you’re not ready to speak to someone

You can take We Are With You's over 50s alcohol health check to find out how alcohol could be affecting your health.

Find a service

If you’d prefer to speak to someone in person, you can get in touch with a service near you:

In England and Scotland

In Northern Ireland:

  • Inspire services include addiction NI, supporting individuals, families and communities to recover from the impact of alcohol and drugs

In Wales

  • Barod works across South and West Wales to support individuals affected by alcohol and drugs, and their friends and family
  • Kaleidoscope services support people and families affected by substance use
  • WCADA is a treatment agency based in Western Bay providing services for adults, young people and families, and people in the criminal justice system

Information about alcohol and ageing